27th SGIFF: Masterclass | Anurag Kashyap
MASTERCLASS WITH ANURAG KASHYAP
(Black Friday, Ugly, Gangs of Wasseypur, Psycho Raman)
1 DEC 2016, THU / 7.00PM / 60MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
Anurag Kashyap is regarded as an auteur for his projection of modern post-independence India in his works, using guerrilla-filmmaking techniques such as hidden cameras in real locations, employing improvised dialogue with his actors, and frequently shooting on low-budget. Though some of his works have courted controversy in his own country, his bold directing style has found him favour with audiences and contemporaries, including British director Danny Boyle who cited Anurag's Black Friday and Satya as inspirations for his Academy Award-winning Slumdog Millionaire in 2008. Straddling commercial and independent success, Anurag Kashyap continues to redefine the image of Bollywood cinema today. Discover the influences and inspiration behind his works, from writing, producing and acting, and how he continues to challenge and reinvent his directing style.
Anurag Kashyap is an Indian film director, screenwriter, producer and actor. Despite his directorial debut, Paanch (2000), never getting released due to censorship issues, he continued to make films such as Black Friday (2007), which won the Grand Jury Prize at the 3rd Annual Indian Film Festival in Los Angeles, as well as Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) and Ugly (2014), both of which premiered at the Cannes Director’s Fortnight. As a producer, Kashyap’s slate includes Udaan (2010), Peddlers (2012) and The Lunchbox (2013), all of which competed at Cannes. In 2013, he was honoured by the French government with the Chevalier dans l’ordre des Arts et Lettres. Most recently, he was awarded with the Yash Bharti award by the Government of Uttar Pradesh for his contribution in the field of cinema.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 1 Dec 2016, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
- The event description was updated. Diff#206392 2016-11-10 04:35:26
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM SGT
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978 Singapore